Mon, 30 Nov 2020

Two students from the Vaal University of Technology (VUT) reportedly died on Monday after mixing and drinking alcohol and cough syrup.

According to OFM, Sebatso Lebasha, from Sebokeng in Gauteng, died in a friend's room soon after she showed signs of not being well. Lina Namane, from Evaton, reportedly died at her student residence.

Police spokesperson Busisiwe Sango confirmed the incident to OFM, saying the two young women were first spotted drinking the mixture at a friend's place in Vanderbijlpark.

VUT said it learnt of its students' passing with great sadness.

"The university wishes to express its deepest condolences to the families and friends and those who knew both our deceased students very well. The loss of young lives is one too many - our hearts and prayers are with both families and friends," VUT said in a statement.

The university said it had made contact with both families and was offering counselling to staff and students.

Lebasha was studying towards a National Diploma in Arts and Design, while Namane was studying towards a National Diploma in Tourism Management.

Source: News24

More Morocco News

Access More

Sign up for Morocco News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!