RABAT, May 22 (Xinhua) -- A total of 121 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Morocco on Friday, bringing the total number of cases to 7,332.
The number of people cured has increased to 4,377 with 97 new recoveries, director of epidemiology at the Ministry of Health Mohamed El Youbi said in his daily briefing.
El Youbi said that 197 deaths from COVID-19 have been reported so far, after the announcement of one new case of death in the past 24 hours.
In addition, 6,398 people who have had contact with the patients are still under medical surveillance.
He also underlined the stability of the fatality rate, which stands at 2.7 percent, adding that the recovery rate is at 59.7 percent.
Casablanca has remained the worst-hit region in the country with 2,330 cases, followed by Marrakech-Safi with 1,303.
Morocco on Tuesday extended the state of health emergency across the country until June 10.